Ragging of any type or dimension is banned on College campus. The college will not tolerate any student indulging in ragging and direct or indirect harassment of fellow students on the campus or outside it. Following the ruling of the Supreme Court of India, admission may be refused to an applicant if it was discovered that he/she had indulged in ragging in the past. Admission to a student may also be cancelled and he/she may be rusticated from the institution if his or her indulgence in ragging was noticed after joining the college.
As per UGC vide its letter no -F.1-16//2007 (CPC-II) dated June 17, 2009, punishment for participation in/or Abetment of Ragging :
1. Cancellation of admission.
2. Suspension from attending classes.
3. Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
4. Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
5. Withholding results.
6. Debarring from representing the institution in any national or international meet,
tournament, youth festival, etc.
7. Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
8. Rustication from the institution for periods varying from 1 to 4 semesters or
9. Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any
10 Fine up to Rs. 25,000/-
Affidavit by students and parents
Each student and his/her parents/ guardian shall have to furnish an affidavit along with the application form to the effect that they will not participate in or abet the act of ragging and that, if found guilty, shall be liable for punishment under the penal law of India.