MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES
Today's business leaders require greater flexibility, a broader vision and the ability to operate in an increasingly diverse environment. Hence, it becomes imperative for them to keep abreast of modern concepts so as to increase their efficiency and productivity.
The Management Development Programmes, organized by HBS, function as a catalyst in enabling participants from the industry to understand and appreciate the latest industry offerings. HBS offers a choice between the standard and the tailor-made programs so as to suit the specific requirements of the concerned organisations. Leading professionals are invited to conduct these MDPs. The MDP Cell conducts programmes of 1-2 days duration on management topics relevant to the industry.
A list of MDPs / Workshops and other programmes conducted during last three years at HBS is given below:
- A Two Day Workshop on “Multivariate Research with SPSS” in association with AIMS (Association of Indian Management Schools) at the Heritage Campus during October 18 & 19, 2014. This Workshop was attended by 25 delegates from Industry and Educational Institutes.
- A Two Day MDP on “ADR Mechanism as an Instrument of Corporate Governance” was organized by Heritage Business School in association with International Finance Corporation( World Bank Group), Bengal National Chamber of Commerce & Industry & Plant Business Studies during November 21 & 22, 2014 at Heritage Campus.
- A Panel Discussion on “No Place is safe or Unsafe for Women” was organized by Heritage Business School on May 17, 2015. The panelists included Dr. Bula Bhadra, Professor,University of Calcutta, Dr. Paramita Chakraborty,Professor, Jadavpur University, Dr. Bholanath Ghosh,Professor, Indian Statistical Institute, Mrs. Urmi Basu, Tata Institute of Social Sciences.
- A Conclave on “Educational and Cultural Cooperation Among SAARC Countries,” inaugurated by His Excellency Shri Keshari Nath Tripathi, Honorable Governor of West Bengal, was organized by Heritage Business School in Heritage Campus on February 24, 2015. Keynote address by Shri Partha Chatterjee, Honorable Minister of Education, Govt of West Bengal. Theme address by Shri Vivek Kumar , IAS, Principal Secretary, Department of Higher Education, Govt of West Bengal. A Panel Discussion among the Diplomats of SAARC countries was a part of the Conclave. The Panel Discussion was moderated by Shri Sitaram Sharma, Honorary Consul General, Republic of Belarus.
- A Panel Discussion on “E - Commerce: The Business Paradigm of Tomorrow” was organized on March 27, 2015 at Heritage Campus. The panelists included Prof. Ranjan Das, Ex-Prrofessor IIM Calcutta and Strategic Management Expert; Mr. Supriyo Sinha, Vice President and Business Head of Anandabazar Patrika and Ebela, Bengali Tableau in the ABP Group; Mr. Avijit Lal Roy, HR Consultant, United Spirits Ltd.; Mr. Subrata Kumar Ray, General Manager and Company Secretary of MSTC Limited and Mr. Sandip Khazanchi,Service Area Leader for Smarter Commerce IBM India.
- Heritage Business School featured in The Subhash Chandra Show” telecast on Zee Business & Zee News on May 17, 2015
- A Workshop was conducted by Prof. Michael Anthony Potter of MAP International, UK on August 21, 2015 at the Heritage Campus. The topic of the workshop was “Overcoming Negativity and Facilitating Skills at the Workplace”. This Workshop was attended by 311 delegates from Industry, faculty and students of Management Schools & Consultants.
- The Workshop was followed by a Panel Discussion on the topic “While Team Building and Soft Skills Reign the Roost, Facilitating Skills and Overcoming Negativity at the Workplace have become essential for an Effective Leader “. The panelists were Mr. Sujoy Banerjee, President – HR & OD, McNally Bharat Engg. Co. Ltd, Mr. P. K. Chatterjee, Jt President – HR, Birla Corporation Ltd, Ms. Shiuli Biswas, Associate Vice president – HR, ABP Pvt Ltd, Mr. George Thomas, Vice President, Corporate HR & Admin, MSP Group, Mr. Subrato Banerjee, General Manger – HR, Anmol Group of Companies.
- A Seminar on Motivation of Engineering & Management Students was conducted on September 03, 2015 by Mr. Kevin Coutinho, University of Cambridge, UK.
- ABP Abela & Goodrick Tea jointly sponsored a show on Teacher’s Day. The show was entitled “What Should MBA Students Look Forward to in Their Career?”
- A Panel Discussion on “Corruption – And How I Can be a part of the Drive against Corruption” was conducted on October 29, 2015 by the Regional Provident Fund Commissioner & The Central Vigilance Organisation. The Panelists were Students from MBA 12 (Batch 2014-16). 3 prizes were awarded by the Government, based on evaluation by an Expert Committee.